Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Fundamental presentation skills

There is a final preparation is coming soon in next week, I think most of us will feel nerves of it.
For this reason, this week, I'm going to talk about the fundamental presentation skills.

  • Positive energy
    The reason why you feel nerves is because you are not prepared or you are a shy person and afraid to speak out loud. Although nervous energy is good for your perform because you will put more attention on your speech, it is also important to get some positive energy to balance. Try to get prepared before you are going to have a speech. When you are feeling nerves, try to put more attention on the speech than the audiences.

  • Body language
    As we all know, body language is an important nonverbal language that can help us to express our ideas. There are different body movement and body language which can give a good influence to the audiences.


-        Being interesting

It is really boring for people listening a hour long speech. It will make the audiences feel bored and tried. For this reason, we may learn from the “ Toast Masters” to have some interesting joke during the presentation.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Perry!

    This post is very helpful, since we have our hour-conferences in our class. I think that the nervousness might significantly complicate my life when speaking in front of the public. I always get nervous when I have to speak in front of the people I’ve never seen before. I believe that the Toastmasters offer many opportunities to help people with this issue as well as with the problem of delivering a quality presentation and speech. From my own experience, I have to be always prepared for my presentation so I will not forget my text. This helps me to reduce the stress. However, I have problems with my body language while speaking. I think you covered three basic points important for delivering the quality presentation. Great post Perry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pui,

    Your post is very helpful for our presentation. It is better to focus on the presentation then the audience when we get nervous. However, I believe we should keep eye contact with audience. In this case, we can look at the back of classroom instead of audience face in order to relive us from nervous. What do you think?
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These 3 points are important, with out these 3 points, a presentation will be boring, however, personal confident is more important in my opinion. Without personal confident, you will not be success on these 3 points.

    ReplyDelete